Because all a patient should worry about is healing.
From medical and home utility bills, to lodging and transportation costs, the Renaissance Cancer Foundation helps cover the burdening everyday expenses that come with a life-changing disease like cancer. Also, the Patient Navigation team plays a vital role in guiding patients to all resources available through an array of local, state, and federal assistance programs.
The Renaissance Cancer Foundation
CONTACT US for more information on applying for assistance from the Renaissance Cancer Foundation.
The medical expenses that come with a cancer diagnosis can be extraordinary. Qualified applicants can get a portion of those expenses covered through the financial assistance provided by the Renaissance Cancer Foundation.
The Patient Navigation team has also helped patients with the following:
- Discounted PET Scans (up to 42%)
- Pharmaceutical Company Assistance Program
- Referrals to Dietician Assessments
- Chemotherapy and Radiation Education
- Transportation Assistance for Medical Appointments
- Referrals to the American Cancer Society
HEALTHY MIND NEEDS
Cancer not only affects patients physically, but emotionally, too. Mental wellness is an important part of overall healing. The Renaissance Cancer Foundation helps patients cope with a cancer diagnosis:
- Monthly Support Groups (Visit our CALENDAR OF EVENTS for upcoming dates)
- Beauty Salon for Patients Experiencing Hair Loss (CLICK HERE to request an appointment)
The Patient Navigation team has helped patients with the following:
- Personalized Psychosocial Therapy Referral
- Referrals for Free Accessories (Wigs, Turbans, Etc.)
- Emotional Support
Health comes first. And with mounting medical expenses comes the challenge to meet the everyday financial commitments. The Renaissance Cancer Foundation can help with:
- Everyday Expenses – Patients can use the financial assistance provided to meet their most pressing, immediate needs. These needs can vary from paying the light or water bill, to making a mortgage payment. The Renaissance Cancer Foundation can help with these emergencies — because all a patient should worry about is healing.
The Patient Navigation team and DHR Health staff have also helped patients with the following:
- Financial Counseling –Financial Counselors perform financial screenings to determine availability for assistance programs. These counselors assist with payment arrangements for medical services, as well as enrollment in pharmaceutical programs.
Support with Federal and State Funding Applications – Patients are helped with the often long, complicated applications for additional resources by other organizations at a local, state, and/or federal level.